The National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) is currently accepting applications for internships in their Wash. D.C. offices. Here are some of the possibilities:
- Office of Communications
- Office of Publications
of Education Programs
of Preservation and Access
- Office of the General Counsel
BYU students can apply for these directly and are eligible for financial assistance. You can also arrange an internship through the Washington Seminar Program.
See NEH application instructions here: http://www.neh.gov/whoweare/NEH_Internships.html
Washington Seminar Website: http://washingtonseminar.byu.edu/pages/default.aspx
In addition to the NEH, check these possibilities:
- National Gallery of Art
- Internships at the John K. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
- Internships at the Smithsonian Institution
- Monster.com Federal Internships
- Opportunities in Public Affairs – Internships on Capitol Hill
For financial assistance call your department’s internship coordinator or Dave Waddell in the College of Humanities Advising Center.